- Individual Contributor
- VP of Operations
- Pittsburgh/East Pittsburgh
Responsible for engineering, manufacturing and quality of our Adhesive Business Segment, industrialization and engineering projects centered around equipment & product manufacturing designs, production molds, resin materials, cost control/value evaluations, risk mitigations, optimization of equipment, supplier management, plant and manufacturing processes in a centralized manufacturing engineering environment where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised.
Principal (Essential) Duties
- Work with VP of Operations to determine daily workload, projects, and related tasks
- Drive the conversion of small-scale processes into commercially viable industrialized operations.
- Refine manufacturing processes and workflow within manufacturing cells
- Develop new processes that increase productivity and reduce cost
- Implement cost reductions via materials, manufacturing efficiencies, and manufacturing processes
- Work with Research and Development as well as Product Development to transfer new designs into manufacturing processes (lead and manage design transfer projects) while fulfilling the requirements of the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Perform Root Cause Investigations, develop and implement solutions
- Manage processes, designs, and documentation changes through the change management process
- Lead the design transfer phase including product development, validation planning, design for manufacturability, Design of Experiments, process capability analysis, etc.
- Coordinates and provides support in troubleshooting of new and existing equipment. Design and execute Engineering/Optimization studies and support validation execution.
- Assures compliance to appropriate regulatory requirements. Initiates quality records when not in compliance and informs Quality management of noncompliance’s with proposed countermeasures and corrective activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
- Collaborate and communicate with other team members as needed
- Complete special projects as required
- Meet customers as required
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic, startup environment
- Software skills in multiple platforms to initiate and maintain numerous programs
- Strong skill and experience in using basic business software such MS Office, etc.
- Able to prioritize assignments, meet deadlines, raise issues early and optimize.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, capable of building strong internal and external working relationships.
- Self-driven, energetic, strong work ethic and good communication skills who is passionate about customer success and wants to grow into a sales career
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Basic knowledge of testing and manufacturing environment in materials science-based environment
- Excellent team player and communication skills
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- 1-3 years of quality and industrialization of equipment and processes with material sciences, polymers, plastics, experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Master’s Degree in a technical field such as engineering, materials science, polymer science or chemistry preferred but not mandatory
- Excellent computer analytical skills, demonstrated through professional, academic or extra-curricular experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer, copier, fax, telephone, and other office-based equipment.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org