Imagine working with innovative people who are experts in their chosen field and who like to meet customers’ product design or manufacturing challenges with leading edge technology. Imagine finding new applications and solving problems that current technology can’t address. Imagine developing and extending an innovative, first-to-market technology. If you like a fast-paced, dynamic environment, Setex Technologies could be the next stop along your career path.
Based in Pittsburgh, PA, home of Carnegie Mellon University, as well as world-class museums, theaters and major professional sports teams, among other amenities — Setex Technologies provides an exciting environment where successful people want to work.
While we may not always have immediate openings, we are always interested in hearing from and meeting innovative, self-motivated, engineers, scientists and entrepreneurs as we grow our team.
To learn more about working at Setex Technologies, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Reports – Individual Contributor
Direct Reports – Operations
Reports To – Operations Manager
Work Location – Pittsburgh/East Pittsburgh
Employment Type – Full Time, Non-Exempt
The Manufacturing Technician for Setex Technologies in Pittsburgh, PA will perform duties related to product manufacturing, product quality, and inventory management. The Technician will be trained and learn relevant processes in accordance with safe practices, guidelines, and product requirements. Manufacturing processes will include priming, adhesive application, die cutting, quality inspections, packaging product and other manufacturing operations as assigned.
• Complete task associated with manufacturing process related to, plastic part priming, adhesive application, machine press cutting, and packaging.
• Be trained to set-up and adjust equipment to produce quality products of various types, sizes, and configurations. Performs minor adjustments, repairs, or setups to manufacturing equipment
• Pack and secure product in accordance with customer packaging and shipping requirements
• Inspect incoming materials and address non-conforming products according to operating procedures.
• Record customer shipment data, including weight, and dimensions
• Adhere to quality control procedures and processes
• Ensure compliance with corporate safety standards and regulations issued by regulatory agencies
• Maintain acceptable performance standards for assembly, production, quality, safety, and housekeeping, meet 5S requirements that include daily storage of tools, products and supplies.
• Follow all quality and process standards and guidelines; inspect work/products to ensure compliance.
• Maintain tooling and material accountability; Identify part and equipment discrepancies and out the ordinary changes to product or process. Consult with Manufacturing Engineer and/or Quality on a daily basis regarding product quality and equipment operations
• This role will require over-time when assigned, as needed by the company to meet production obligations
• Other duties as assigned by management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts in a production environment. The employee will be asked to lift, stoop, bend, stand for extended times as well as sit and lift items of 50 lbs. or less for one person. The noise level in the manufacturing areas can occasionally be loud. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is issued for elevated decibels. PPE is also required when making certain products, during this time the company supplied respirators must be worn as well as eye protection when working in these designated areas of the production department.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required,
• 1-2 years of experience in manufacturing environment is preferred
• Only applicants in the Greater Pittsburgh area should apply, you must be comfortable with a daily commute to Lawrenceville, PA 15201
• Do you have a valid driver’s license?
Ideal answer: Yes
• Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Ideal answer: Yes
• Are you comfortable commuting to this job’s location?
Ideal answer: Yes
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com